Wednesday 17 July 2013

Holiday Blues

Hey there,

Sorry about the embarrassing length of time since I last posted however I've been relaxing hard in the sunshine. I've been away in Salou for a week followed by a week in Olu Deniz in Turkey, both were so much fun. This post is going to be a round up of the past few weeks I've been absent, including the Dolphin show, described by one of my friends as 'life-changing' and the bargains I managed to barter in the Turkish bazaar.

The view from our balcony in Salou, we were all pleasantly surprised at how nice and modern our two bedroom apartment was.


By far the best meal we had out there! Homemade Tapas of Garlic prawns, Camembert on toast, Asparagus wrapped in Parma ham, mixed salad and salmon and cream cheese bites. It really was as good as it looks!


We loved the Dolphin show at Aquapolis waterpark so much, we went to both performances.


 Discovered on a trip to the market that toe rings make very good midi rings and then also had to purchase another ring in my favourite colour.


Our Hotel in Turkey was situated in the middle of a valley which meant there was no breeze from the 40 degree heat. Not that I'm complaining as the pool served nicely to cool us off. 



And for when we got tired of lying by the pool, there was also access to a private beach club on the blue lagoon, with stunning views!



One night we visited a traditional Turkish Bazaar, Turkish delight factory and Gold centre. I was surprised to find myself getting excited and bartering over these cushion covers, but what can I say, they gave me inspiration for how I want to decorate my new room in September.


 After breaking my sunglasses two hours before leaving for the airport, I treated myself to this cute green pair in Gatwicks Accessorize. Then fell in love with this style of Ray bans in one of the many 'genuine fakes' shops they have in Turkey and on the last day of our stay I managed to barter the owner down to the equivalent of £3!!


Another genuine fake I also gave into, was this watch. What can I say, I just loved the colour.


As you may know, cooking is one of my favourite pastimes so I could resist buying some spices out in Turkey and even brought some back for my Mum too. 


Here's a few more rings I added to my extensive collection!

Now its back to reality after enjoying myself for over a fortnight and spend more time on this blog and pray my tan doesn't fade too much. I'm also on the lookout for a few more turkish/middle eastern inspired pieces to complete my room, which I'll keep you posted on. That's all for now.

Love Sophie Agnes xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment