Sunday 23 June 2013

Heavenly Sweet Treats #3

Frozen Banana Loaf

This is a recipe I found on Oh, Ladycakes blog, then adapted according to what I had in the larder. As you may have guessed I'm a lover of all things banana flavoured and containing bananas! A while ago I watched a programme about raw foodies on 4od, and while I thought they were slightly extreme when it came to some of their food habits, some of the ideas made me think more about the benefits of raw recipes. 

This loaf is gluten-free, sugar-free and doesn't involve any cooking or much washing up!

Ingredients
100g Almonds
100g Walnuts
75g Oats
2 Medium Banana's (the riper the better)
1tsp Cinnamon
50g Dried fruit (I used Dates, Prunes and Sultanas)
2 tsp Honey

Method
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a blender and blend until they form a flour like texture.
2. Then add the other ingredients and blend until the mixture becomes like a thick dough.
3. Place the mixture in a tray lined with cling film and press down with a knife or back of a spoon.
4. Place in the freezer for 1-2 Hours then remove and serve.




I added honey to the original recipe for extra sweetness. If you want a different texture to this loaf then why not try adding some chopped nuts or currants to the mixture once it's removed from the blender. Feel free to leave comments to let me know what you think or if there are any other raw recipes you think I should try!

Love Sophie Agnes xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment