Friday 31 May 2013

Oh My Honey Internship









Tucked away in the Sussex countryside, the impressive old house is the perfect location for Louise O’Mahony’s studio. Its stuffed full of 1950’s style dresses as well as bridal dresses from her ‘Oh My Honey’ line. Everywhere you look there are satins, tulles and kitsch prints in among the quaint one-of-a-kind pieces such as the retro baby pink chest of drawers. Oh My Honey provides mail order and custom made pieces for any occasion, whereas the Louise O’Mahony line creates more avante garde pieces with a theatrical twist.





Louise is creating a stunning collection for Brighton Fashion Week in June and I started interning in her studio this week, working on the collection and the Oh My Honey range.  It’s a novelty to be back working on the design realization process after spending the last term of Uni mainly working on my laptop.


It’s also interesting to pick Louise’s brain about how she got to where she is today and the day to day running of her business. As well as picking up little handy tips that come from experience. Its also refreshing to see Louise still uses and makes all her own paper patterns.


After the two days I worked this week, I can’t wait to go back next week. Although I’m fairly sure I spent the majority of yesterday just trying to thread the miniscule beading needles!! As well as lots of beading, I also worked on some pattern cutting, fusing and hand sewing.


Here’s a sneak peak at some of the pieces I’ve been working on this week. I can’t wait to see the final outcomes and its so exciting to watch them coming together in Louise’s studio. I’ll keep posting about my progress and watch this space for the full collection in a few weeks.  For more info about Louise and Brighton Fashion Week, check out my Links page.


As I write this I’m on my way back to Birmingham to collect all my stuff from halls, however I have no idea where it’ll fit back at home. Oh well, I’m allowed to have loads of stuff, I’m a fashion student right?

Love Sophie Agnes
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment